Wednesday 23 January 2013

Review: Timepiece by Myra McEntire


Date Read: January 22nd, 2013
Date Published: June 12th, 2012
Publishers: Egmont USA
Format: Hardback
Pages: 325
Blurb: A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard was never supposed to be able to see ripples - cracks in time. Are his powers expanding, or is something very wrong? Before he can find out, Jonathan landers, the man who tried to murder is father, reappears. Why is he back, and what, or whom, does he want?

In the wake of Landers' return, the Hourglass organization is given an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the people who might carry the time gene, or time will be altered - with devastating results for the people Kaleb loves most.

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Landers. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...


Review:
NO! Books should not be allowed to end like that; it's it cruel because now I have to wait to find out how it ends. But that was amazing, just as good as the first, if not better in some ways. This not it isn’t Emma’s POV that we see the world from, it’s Kaleb’s and it was enjoyable. I feel that we got to understand him more as a character and I enjoyed it because I liked him anyway, now I love him. I know that everyone is obsessed with Em and Michael but Kaleb is just as big a character as they are.

It carries on where Hourglass left off and they’re in a lot of trouble. Everyone can now see the rips and they’re getting stronger. Everyone is scared and it’s all because of Jack Landers. They know they have to stop him but they have to find him first. Kaleb has a lot of questions and not a lot of answers but he’s about to find out.

Kaleb is a sweet heart. Yes, he’s your typical bad boy with the tattoos and muscle but underneath all that he a great guy who cares deeply about Em and her best friend Lily. From the start of this book we know something will happen with them and I like them together. She’s good for him and I don’t think Kaleb should be with Em anyway. 

Kaleb’s ability to feel emotions and take them is interesting and we find out more about it in this book, some of it is shocking indeed but that’s what I loved. That I didn’t know what was happening, who was good, who was bad, and now more than ever I want to find out some answers.

Lily’s amazing, I want her as a best friend. She’s confident, sassy and isn’t afraid to get what she wants. And when she’s with Kaleb we see her for who she really is and it was great. We find out a bit more about her background which was great and about her ability. Lily and Kaleb compliment each other so well; it was great reading about them.

I couldn’t put this down from the moment I started it. I kept wanting to read to find out more and I like the short chapters because it makes the pace quicken and I feel like I’m flying through the pages. I cannot wait to read Infinityglass, even if it is being rewritten and may have a later release date. I’m just as excited.


0 comments:

Post a Comment