Thursday 17 January 2013

Review: Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris


Bad Taste in Boys (Kate Grable, #1)Date Read: December 29th, 2012
Date Published: July 12th, 2011
Publishers: Delacorte Press
Format: Paperback
Pages: 201
Blurb: Someone's been a very bad zombie.
Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate! She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town  . . . and stay hormonally human.


Review:
This was a fun and interesting read. I love zombies. I don’t know what it is about them but everyone has a different take and a unique story to tell. This was no exception. I love quick reads because they are fast paced and I have found that post have amusing characters and lines that have you laughing out loud.

So Kate’s got herself into a dilemma because the footballers are going kind of crazy. Zombie Crazy. Thanks to the drugs the coach is giving them she notices the changes and knows she has to stop it. But that’s easier said than done.

There’s quite a lot of action in this book so it was great to read something that wasn’t heavy or too long. Kate was an awesome main character because she was likeable and I love a geek heroine, I can relate to them. She’s a fighter and a brave one too. Let’s say something like this did happen, I’d be pretty pathetic and useless.

Aaron, the supposed love interest, wasn’t in it that much but I guess in a small book like this it’s not really about developing a love story. It’s an action; keep moving forward book, the love part just features. I prefer books that are a bit longer and have deeper emotions but this was fun, which is good every once in a while.

I think everyone will like this and I may just read the next one because everyone needs an easy read from time to time that gets them chuckling. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment