Monday 19 November 2012

Review: Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday

Social Suicide (Deadly Cool, #2)Date Read: June 16th, 2012
Date Published: April 24th, 2012
Publishers: Harper teen
Format: Paperback
Pages: 277
Blurb: Twittercide: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the "Herbert Hoover High Homepage" would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went . . . a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the homecoming queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.

I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos. . .

Review:
It’s been a long time since i sat down and read a book. A month exactly due to all the exams going on and in no way did i want to jeprodise my future because of a book (no offence to all those amazing books out there). So i took a break and i actually enjoyed it but i enjoyed reading my first book in a month yesterday in one go. Looks like i still got it in me.

Hartley is back and she's here to solve another case. After finding the would-be homecoming queen dead when she was meant to have an interview Hartley quickly decides that it's up to her to find out who the real killer is with the help of Chase, the guy who kissed her once and if head of the newspaper she works at. Not only is their relationship odd but everytime she thinks too much about things with him it always bites her in the ass. And as she gets closer to finding the killer her life is put in danger. Will Hartley make it this time or will she uncover the secret?

I love this series. It's just so darn funny and the characters are amazing. Hartley is a genuine character and you can relate to her so much and she always has you laughing. Since i read the first i knew i wanted to read the second, i just didn't have the time which sucked. But i picked it up and read it in near enough one sitting because it was just that good.

I really liked the plot to this one and i had no idea who the killer would be and even when i found out i was still in shock. I guess that's what is so great about these types of books. They keep you guessing right up until the end when all the cards are laid out on the table. I am really looking forward to seeing what the next will be like because these books just got better.

Chase...He's so funny and cool and just yummy. I'm rooting for him and Hartley to get together and i think they just might. They suit each other so well and he really cares about her so much. They had me laughing my socks off at one point where they were hiding and they were close together in a storage closet. Some of the things Chase says just bring a smile to my face.

If you haven't read any of these books then you need to right away because they are brilliant. I'd definitely recommend any YA lover to try reading some mystery crime YA because it's great and different than paranormal romance. A good different.
I am so excited for the next one and will be on the lookout for any new information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment