Monday 19 November 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)Date Read: April 30th, 2012
Date Published: April 6th, 2012
Publishers: Mira Ink
Format: Paperback
Pages: 296
Blurb: Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

Review:
Holy Mary mother of Jesus Christ!!! Endings like that should be made illegal. So shocking and OMG-face worthy!!! This book was just so amazing. I loved the first but I simply adored the second. So much happened and there were so many emotions running through this book. I loved every second of it. This book is probably my favourite Greek Mythology book to date!! It was just that good.

Kate just spent the whole summer in Greece with her friend James and now she has returned, more ready than ever, to take her place beside Henry in the under world. But when she arrives there is Chaos. The Gods greatest Enemy, Cronos, their father, has awoken with the help of Calliope in revenge for Kate sentencing her to the underworlds. Not only is that happening but Henry is ignoring her, and days before her coronation as well. And when the night comes for her to become Queen Henry is captured and taken away from her. Kate knows she has to do something to save and she will go to any lengths to do this. Even if it means asking the one Woman Henry never stopped loving to help her. Persephone.

This book was just wow. Just as good, if not better, than the first and my heart sinks a little to think that there is only going to be one more as it is only a trilogy. I didn’t want to but this book down even though I knew I had to sleep and go to school. There wasn’t anything I disliked about this book and it was an awesome read.
Kate was as great as ever and I felt so sorry for her in this book. Imagine being in her shoes, meeting the one person that your true love never let go of. It was rough on her and she was strong and did the best she could. Kate is a character you can relate to and there were times when I wanted to tell her to stop being silly and accept the fact that Henry loved her although her kept pushing her. But that’s what everyone wants really...To be told that were loved and to hear it from the person that means the most to us.

Henry...The hottest God of them all. I love him so much and I can honestly say that after finishing this book my crush deepened a lot. Even though he is distant at time you can’t help but love him. I was disappointed that he didn’t want to see her straight away when Kate arrived in the underworld. That broke my heart and I just wanted him to do something.

There were times that I shed a tear for them because it was just so hard for Kate. Especially one scene where Henry and Persephone meet again. Persephone...I didn’t like her in the beginning and she acted exactly how I imagined she would and I just wanted her to leave although near the end I did begin to like her. Kate and Henry’s love for each is put to the test in the book and I was literally grinning like the cat from Alice in Wonderland whenever I got what I wanted in this book.

I do find it annoying that I have to keep flipping to the back of the book to find out what God is which but I really liked the fact that we got to see a lot more of them.

Speaking of Gods, the end of this book was so unexpected. I literally read the last word and wanted to burst into tears because the release date for the next seems so far away. As soon as it comes out I am getting my hands on it as quickly as I can. But overall this book was much more than I expected. I am looking forward to The Goddess Inheritance and finding out what will happen Kate. I really hope Calliope gets what she deserves.

If you have read the first and not the second then go out and get it this instant because you will just devour it and if you haven’t read them at all...Shame on you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment