Sunday 22 April 2012

Review: Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)Reviewed by Katie
Date Read: February 13th, 2012
Date Published: November 1st. 2010
Publishers: Allison & Busby
Format: Paperback
Pages: 480
Blurb: The fragile peace between humans and vampires in Morganville is in trouble, and when Claire takes drastic action, she’s put under serious pressure to re-establish the barriers that keep the town residents inside, and wipe the memories of those who leave.

But working with her half-crazy vampire boss Myrnin means that things don’t always turn out as planned... and as the people of Morganville begin acting strangely, Claire and her friends must solve the mystery and try to put things right. But one by one, her allies are turning on her... even the ones she trusts most.

Review:
Okay, I read this a few days ago and I have read quite a few books since so this is going to be a bit of a .. not so good review.
Ghost Town was a really good book and it had plenty of action in it and the many last pages were so tense that I had to stop looking below to see if everything would eventually be fine. I can see why the book was named Ghost Town but I think that Fade Out would've been better because everyone's memories are going faintly and then they remember stuff then they just altogether stop remembering, thinking that they are three years in the past. I like the concept of Oliver and Claire not getting the .. diease? The morning with Shane was predicted and I thought 'Oh dang, you would have to be next, tonight of all mother nights!'
The ending .. well it was creepy and I don't even want to think what Shane will do when he finds out, he can be quite an unpredicatble character sometimes, whether he lashes out or secretly wants to huddle in a corner and cry, so I'm dreading when - if - he finds out.
Good book and I'll be picking Bite Club off my shelves soon! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment