Sunday 22 April 2012

Review: Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke

Flying Blind (The Dragon Diaries #1)Reviewed by Gina
Date Read: March 13th, 2012
Date Published: 2011
Publishers: Allison And Busby
Format: Paperback
Pages: 380
Blurb: Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she's been told she's destined for great things. Zoë's the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she's sent to a Pyr boot camp.
Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.


Review:
When I started this book I didn’t even know that there was a series before called Dragonfire that was about the parents of some of the characters in this book. So now I’ll have to get those as well because I absolutely loved this book.

Zoë Sorensson is a Wyvern, the only female dragon shapeshifter as there can only be one at a time. But there’s a problem. She doesn’t have her powers. Before she learned to speak she has magic but now...nothing. So she is being sent to Boot Camp with a group of boys to see if she can harness her powers. Among that group is nick, extremely attractive and who may be destined to be with her, and Jared, the gorgeous biker. But there is trouble around and Zoë must have her magic quickly if she is to help and save them.

Zoë was a strong character who I loved but at times she could be a little self-centred. But the one thing I adored about her was that she stood up to the people who were bullying her best friend, Megan, and I hope that in the future novels we see more of her because their friendship reminds me of the one I have with my best friend and I can relate.

I loved the idea of Pyr, the shapeshifting dragons, and I loved the description of any dragon-related fighting scenes because they were really cool. This book had little surprises here and there and it kept it interesting for me. Sometimes I wanted to shout at the guys she was at the bootcamp with and at others I was making “aww” noises because it was really sweet at times.

Overall this was a light, fun and interesting read and I cannot wait to read Winging it because the blurb for that sounds just as good as this one!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment