Saturday 11 February 2012

Review: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6)Reviewed by Gina
Date Read: February 5th, 2012
Date Published: December 10th, 2010
Publisher: Penguin Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 584
Blurb: Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.
Now the law has finally caught up with Rose--for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.
But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back . . . and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?


Review: You know that sinking feeling you get when you know something amazing has finished and you know you can read it again and again but still not have that feeling of first laying eyes on the words that you've come to love so dearly? I have that feeling.
This book...It had the perfect ending and when i finished i felt my heart sting a little at having finished reading Rose's journey but i was also happy because this series is perfection. I loved every moment. The good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the annoying, the funny, the angry and so much more. This series offers so much and so many emotions go through you when you read it. I still can't believe that it's all over. I know that in the future i will be picking up this series again because i know i'll never tire of reading this story. It's been an amazing adventure and is definitely one of my most favored series out of all the oens i've read. And in my review i will let you know why...

I’m not going to give any details of the plot line because I don’t really want to spoil the ending but it started off exactly where Spirit Bound ended and Rose is in trouble. It seems that wherever she goes in this last book trouble follows her but her friends are there to back her up.
There is so much action woven into this last instalment and just when you think it can’t get better it does. So much happens and I loved every single word that I read. There was the political side to this book that interested me as well as the friendship and the love. I didn’t hate a single thing about it and I literally cannot fault this series. This series has everything a great book should have. There are so many secrets within this book and lots of twists and turns that will shock you to no end.

Love. It’s a big theme in this book and the guys in this series...they make my heart flutter and make me grin like a fool. Adrian is so funny with his smoking addiction and wanting to always be there for Rose and do whatever it takes to make her happy. I’d love a guy like him but Dimitri is the one for me. There’s no doubting it that Rose and Dimitri will be together. It’s inevitable but their journey has been a roller coaster. There’s been so many obstacles (who could forget what happened at the end of Shadow Kiss, that ending devastated me and I cried) and believe me, I had tears at one point in this book. There is so much chemistry between them and I loved everything that happened between them. They made me laugh, smile, cringe, cry and at one point I wanted to slap Dimitri so hard for being a fool but I knew they’d get there happy ending.

Rose...I’m going to miss her so much. I’ve never read a character like her before and she is just so likeable. I know I’ll miss her Rose-logic that I’ve come to know and love so much and her sarcasm and witty comments will definitely stick with me for a while. And Dimitri’s life lessons, I’ll miss those too. But I know that I will eventually read this series again and I will fall in love with it all over again.

I don’t know if I’m ready to say goodbye to this series, to Rose’s journey and I know that I’ll probably never love a series as much as I love this one. I know that there is the spin-off series but really, will it ever be the same again? I think not.

This book actually surprised me at certain parts. Things happened that I didn’t expect and characters did things that made me gasp. There were sides to Rose that I hadn’t seen before, ones that were scared and vulnerable and unsure.
When I turned the last page and saw the acknowledgements section my stomach dropped and a little noise escaped my throat. My first thought was, “That’s it. The end...I don’t want it to end.”

My next message is directed at Richelle: Thank you so much for making me fall in love with your world and its characters. It’s been a journey that I loved and I cannot wait to read Bloodlines. And if you haven’t read this series yet or are thinking about it...Stop waiting around because you have no idea what you’re missing.


Rating: 5 million stars!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment