Sunday 15 January 2012

Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter MeReviewed by Gina
Rating: 5 stars
Date Read: 15th January, 2012
Date Published: 15th November, 2011
Blurb: Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel


Review: Wow...where do I begin? I suppose I should start by saying just how much I loved this book. I have been waiting for this books release date for so long and when I got it for Christmas I was so excited!! I loved every words, every page and every single moment this book had to offer. It’s rare to find a book where you ask yourself...who is this character?? Tahereh’s style of writing blew me away and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series and any other books she writes.

Juliette has talked to or touched anyone in 264 days. She’s been locked away by The Reestablishment for murder and she hasn’t come into contact with anyone since. Until Adam shows up. But she’s seen him before. She wants to touch him even though see knows she can’t. If she does then he will die. But when she discovers why he is there and what is going to happen to her she knows she has to escape. But how? She has to fight and she has to survive. But when you’re in a world full of danger that is easier said than done.

Can I just start by saying how beautiful that cover is! It literally shimmers and when the light catches it, it looks amazing. Not to mention the dress. Very big and pretty. Anyway, now that my cover talk is out of the way I can begin praising this book.

Throughout the whole novel Juliette questions who she is, why she is where she is and why she can do what she does. Her voice is captivating and I was glued to this book. I loved being in her mind. Adam was another great character but I wished he was in it a bit more. But he definitely a hero is love and their love is so powerful. Definitely one of my favourite couples.

This book isn’t just Dystopian (although it’s set in a dystopian world), it has action, romance and even supernatural elements to it. It reminded me of X-men and I LOVE X-men!! I loved everything about this book. The characters, the AMAZING writing, the story, the world it was set in and the cover. There wasn’t anything I disliked about it and I cannot wait to read the next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment