Wednesday 18 January 2012

Review: Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)Reviewed by Katie
Rating: 5 stars
Date Read: 17th January, 2012
Date Published: 5th September, 2008
Blurb: Claire Danvers's college town may be run by vampires but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has proposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. And it's giving night school a whole new meaning.


Review: What I said in the last review of not feeling Claire and Shane's romance...Scrap that, it's definitely improved and I feel as though they are actually a couple now and I really like that! :D
This book was full of action, and it never stopped, it always had you gripping onto the book, wanting to know what the next page brings to you. This review is going to be pretty rubbish because I've read all the first three books together and I can't remember which parts belong to which of the three books.
But despite the craziness of Myrnin and the scariness of him..I wouldn't say I like him, but I feel sorry for him and hope that everything goes well for him.
I liked the plot, and I can see that things are heating up between Claire and Shane but it's getting quite slow and it really needs to speed up, they need to be more affectionate maybe, even just tiny things, and I'm just hoping that's what it'll do in the next of the books in the series. Also, I'm feelin' a bit of something between Claire and Michael, it's not a lot, but the protective-ness (is that a word?!) of him and that he risked his life of going out in the sun just to save Claire's life. I'm hoping that they'll soon be a love triangle, but I don't want there to be one because I know it'll be impossible for me to choose. Shane and Michael both have their strengths and weaknesses, and I love them both. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment