Sunday 8 January 2012

Review: Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)Reviewed by Gina
Rating: 5 stars obviously!
Date Read: 8th January, 2012
Date Published: February, 2010
Blurb: How far will Rose go to keep a promise? The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir's Academy was the deadliest ever in the school's history, claiming the lives of many. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them - including Dimitri. He'd rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa - the one she has sworn to protect no matter what - and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?


Review: Just when I think this series couldn’t get any better, it does!! I love this series and I cannot wait to read the last two books to see how it all ends. There were so many twists and that action is amazing. One of the best series I’ve read in a long time.

Rose abandons Lissa in the hope of finding her love Dimitri who has been turned into a Strigoi. They promised each other that if they ever turned into a Strigoi then they would rather die than spend eternity like that. Rose intends to make sure that promise is fulfilled. She tracks down his family in Russia and when she finds them she finds a strong family of women who accept her. But the happiness she feels there doesn’t last long. Dimitri is nowhere to be found and she knows she has to find him. But when she has the chance to fulfil her promise it all goes horribly wrong for her.

I love reading about Rose because there is never a boring moment with her. I love her sense of humour, how she thinks and just the way she is. If I could choose to be any character to be I would choose her. Not because of the bad things but because of her friends, her family and Dimitri. I’d love a Dimitri but not a Strigoi one.

Dimitri...he broke my heart into tiny pieces in this book. And when Rose finally saw him and he said “Roza” I had tears well up in my eyes. What happened after that was unusual and totally not what I expected him to do. But then I had to remind myself that he wasn’t the old Dimitri. Although at some parts I could see it in him.

But as the story progressed and the plot thickened I found myself learning more about all the characters in a way I hadn’t before. I saw Lissa at her worse and Adrian was kind and sweet, something we hadn’t seen a lot of in him. And I knew we would hear about Rose’s dad sometime soon but I’d never have guessed who it actually was. Well done Richelle for putting in all those twists.

This is the most emotional book so far in the series and we got to see Rose when she was really vulnerable but like always she pulled through. I look forward to reading more and finding out what happens because with this series you can never predict anything.

1 comments:

  1. Whereas I'm usually not a huge fan of deeply emotional books --I cried all through this book (& I normally hate it when a book makes me wail)-- I loved this book! It was my favorite of the series!!!

    Danielle
    http://knowntoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete