Monday 2 January 2012

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)Reviewed by Katie
For details on the book and Gina's review go here.


Review: Wow, this book was phenomenal! I started reading at about 1am up until 3:45am - went to sleep! - and then I started reading about 11am until I finished it in the same day! It's been a very long time since I've read a book in a day and hopefully that should hint to you that I really enjoyed reading this book! Also, it was my first book that I read on my kindle which makes it extra special! :D

I really enjoyed the plot and how everything was set out, it flowed from chapter to chapter and the authors style of writing was really good. Through most of the book, I was forever chainging what team I was on, Team Asher, Team Devin ... It wouldn't stop and despite the ending I still have no idea!

Devin is a character who will do what he has been ordered and is very caring towards Skye, whereas Asher is a character that rebels, likes to show off and charm but underneath all of that is a caring aswell. So both characters are very different yet are the same. (That sounds...weird!) I also liked that through every chapter, tehy were there, and if it wasn't both then it would be either one. It was snice to have the male characters always there rather than popping in and out of her life.

A Beautiful Dark doesn't quite reach 5 stars because even though it did stand out as an amazing book to me, it did have a few hiccups, like Devin said that he wouldn't do anything unless he was ordered to do it, yet he healed Syke's ankle. Although, this was a fantastic read and now I have to wait to see what happens after that torturing cliffhanger in A Fractured Light .

0 comments:

Post a Comment