Thursday 22 December 2011

Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) Reviewed by Gina
Date Read: 22nd December, 2011
Date Published: 1st March, 2010
Blurb (from back of book): They're young, fabulous and fanged...And they rule Manhattan from the trendy uptown clubs to the downtown boutiques. Fifteen-year-old Schuyler Van Alen has never quite fit in at her exclusive prep school - she's more of a vintage than Versace girl - but all that's about to change.
Because Schuyler has just found out she's a Blue Blood. The Blue Bloods are the city's glamorous and secret vampire elite. They're young, beautiful and powerful. But now they're being murdered. And Schuyler must find out who - or what - is behind it, before she's next.


Review: I’ve been meaning to read this series for a while now and I eventually picked it up (I’m trying to prove to my ‘rents that I can read my older books as well as new ones) and I’m glad I did. It was interesting, kept me hooked and I liked all of the characters. This is a great start to a series and I cannot wait to read the others.

Duchesne is an amazing school filled with Blue Bloods – vampires! For centuries they have been invincible until suddenly Blue Bloods start turning up dead with no reason why. Schuyler Van Alen is an outsider and is content to wear whatever she wants and hang out with her best friend Oliver. But then she is sucked into the world of Blue Bloods and she finds she must uncover the secrets to save all of their lives. But will she receive the help she needs and will she be hunted down just like the others?

This book captured me and I couldn’t put it down. Compared to any other vampire books out there this one is the most realistic that I have read and I could picture it being real. There are subtle hints of this book being about vampires and I like that because it gives mystery and you find yourself working it out.

There was a lot of history to this book which I liked and enjoyed. This will interest lots of vampire, history and general book lovers as it has a lot to offer. I loved the way Melissa de la Cruz has built the plot and the characters. They are loveable and I think that there will be a lot more drama and mysteries to come.

I cannot wait to read the rest of the series which I hope to be getting very soon. 4 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment