Friday 11 November 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)Reviewed by Gina
Date Published: 16th September, 2011
Date Read: 11th November, 2011
Blurb: It's always been just Kate and her mom—and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld—and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy—until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.


Review: I adore Greek mythology and it’s my favourite part of history to learn about. I love any mythology really because I love finding out about different cultures beliefs with their Gods and Goddesses by Greek mythology is one of my favourites! So when I found this book, based on Hades – one of my favourite Greek Gods – I knew I had to get it. There are some amazing Greek mythology novels out there, some of my favourites being the Goddess Summoning series by P. C. Cast and now The Goddess Test is apart of that special VIP group!!

Kate and her mother move to Eden, a request made by her mother as her last dying wish. There she enrols at Eden High and once there a prank is pulled which goes horribly wrong. But there is a good point as it leads her to meet a dark, handsome and mysterious stranger named Henry. He offers Kate a deal that she can’t afford to turn down, but is it too good to be true? After her life is thrown into chaos and the choices she makes will decide the fate of everyone around her.

This book had everything and I mean EVERYTHING! It has danger, sacrifice, mystery, heartache, romance, betrayal, suspense and best of all it is based on one of my favourite Greek tales of all time: Hades and Persephone. If everyone had the kind of imagination Aimee Carter had then...I’d be lost for words (I would also fall madly in love with every book). This novel felt real and I could relate to the characters (I even had tears in my eyes).

Kate was a beautiful character and she was so strong with all the obstacles she had to overcome and no matter how hard it got she kept on going. I could appreciate her for who she was and what she did and I connected with her. And Henry...my lovely Henry. I fell in love with him and I loved that he was Hades. He was such an amazing character and was very lovable too. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him as well for all he’s been through with his past and I was so happy when they met!

I think I knew how it would end but the problem was, Aimee kept throwing us all these twists and turns and I found myself thinking ‘Is the ending I want going to happen?’ or ‘NO! That can’t be happening!’ But this book was amazing and nothing disappointed me. I found my heart faltering on certain bits, afraid of what was going to happen, and at one point I actually cried! And crying is a big thing for me because I never do it.

I would recommend this to anyone who loves Greek Mythology and tales of love that’s so strong because this book is amazing. I cannot wait until 2012 when I get to read the next book, Goddess Interrupted. I wonder what will happen next for Henry and Kate :) 5 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment