Wednesday 23 November 2011

Destined by P. C. & Kristin Cast

Destined (House of Night, #9)Reviewed by Gina
Date Published: 25th October, 2011
Date Read: 23rd November, 2011
Blurb: In Destined, the forces of Light and Dark collide as their epic struggle focuses on Tulsa's House of Night. Zoey is home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side and preparing to face off against Neferet. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, he and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together if Rephaim can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow.

But is Zoey really safe? Does she truly know those who are closest to her? And will love win when it is tested by the very soul of Darkness? Find out what s destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.


Review: I haven’t read this series in a really long time. I’ve always loved the story as it is addictive and you can’t help but want to know how it will all end. But I have do have a few problems that I wish the authors would sort out for me:

-There are quite a lot of mistakes that the editors missed (I always feel awesome when I spot one!)
-Heath. That boy just annoys me so much. But I won’t say why, I’ll let you find out for yourself.

-Zoey wasn't in this book a lot of the time. I felt as if the main characters were Rephaim, Stevie Rae and Shaunee for some reason. But i do like the different perspectives, i just wish there was a bit more of the main character shown.

Anyway, those are my only real problems that I have with this book.

Destined picks up from where Awakened finished and to be honest with you, I had to remind myself what had happened by reading some peoples’ reviews (not good) but I read them and got the gist and eventually my memory came back. But I’ve always loved these books and the characters make me laugh.

Damien and the twins are back in this book and in my opinion they aren’t really needed. Now, I know they are apart of the circle but they are a lil bit immature and I think sometimes it’s a bit too much for me. But even with that these books are still addictive even though they have been going on a veryyyyyy long time. But I’m still hanging in there waiting to find out what happens once and for all. But it seems as though I will have at least another three books to go until that happens.

I loved the ending of this one, even though they left it on a major cliff hanger once again but it’ll make me buy the next one. I actually felt a little bit sad when something happened to one of the characters. And then there was something that annoyed me very much so which I hope doesn’t happen in the next book. But I just want to get one thing straight....I will forever be TEAM STARK!! (ahem, sorry about that guys).

But overall I enjoyed this book. It is my guilty pleasure and I think that in the future, when my reading list isn’t so long, I will read the whole of this series in one go to get the full affect of it. 4 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment