Wednesday 9 November 2011

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)Reviewed by Gina
Date Published: 27th September, 2011 (US only)
Date Read: 9th November, 2011
Blurb: On the night of Skye's seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites;like fire and ice;Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye's life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.
In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can't help falling for, and Devin, who she can't stay away from, the consequences of Skye's choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.


Review: This book was magnificent!! I love books about angels and this book is no exception. What drew me to this book was it’s cover, I mean, it’s gorgeous and then when I read the blurb....I knew I needed to have it straight away. This book isn’t out in the UK yet so knew exactly where to get it from, the book depository and I’m glad I did!!

This story starts with Skye’s seventeenth birthday. Skye lost her parents at the age of six and now lives with her mum’s best friends. Skye is as normal as can be, she’s had achievements and heartaches, but when her birthday rolls around, so do two handsome guys who start fighting for her attention. Asher is tall, dark, brooding and dangerous. But Devin is kind, gentle and is the mysterious blonde one. As she gets to know each of them, Skye knows that something isn’t right. Strange things are happening and Skye realises that she must choose a side: Light and Dark. But can you have both?

I am in love with this book. I adored Jocelyn’s style of writing and found myself laughing at a few bits. This book had forbidden love, hot guys, a to-die-for love triangle, a great POV and an amazing plot! Who couldn’t love it? I’ve read quite a few angel stories so far and I must say that this is one of my favourites. I loved the idea and the world that Jocelyn has created for us.

Straight away we meet both boys, there’s no messing around and I couldn’t make my mind up! I felt exactly how Skye was feeling and I’m still not sure (just like Skye). There’s a strong connection between all of these characters and I love that. I am intrigued to find out what happens in the next book, it should be very interesting. We are also introduced to Skye’s best friends Ian, Dan and Cassie who I instantly loved. They were warm, friendly and amazing! I’d love to have more friends like them.

This book was addictive from the first page and I found myself reading huge chunks in short amounts of time (always a good sign) and I was falling hard for this book. I love Jocelyn’s twist on the Angels and Fallen Angels story and I really like it! I need questions answering: Who is bad, who is good, what will happen to Skye and who will she end up with? It was a cruel cliffhanger but it’s left me wanting more! I need the next one soon before I pine to death.

Overall it was an amazing, intriguing and unique novel and I cannot wait for some more angel action!! Fantastic start to a new series. 5 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment