Tuesday 15 November 2011

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)Reviewed by Gina
Date Published: 15th February, 2011 (US)
Date Read: 15th November, 2011
Blurb: When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.


Review: This book is amazing! It has left me wanting more, even though I know there is a long wait and that fact is killing me right now. I loved the story Moulton has created and the characters that I have grown to love. Angelfire is full of action (heaps of it), humour, thrills, suspense and romance. What more can you ask for? I have a feeling that this may be my favourite Angel book of the year. It was epic and intense. A great read for any YA lover!

Ellie is normal, she hangs out with her friends and she lives with her mum and dad. But she a problem when she sleeps. Gruesome images cover her thoughts of creatures called reapers, who take human souls and sent them to hell. But on the night of her seventeenth birthday she meets the handsome Will, who is dark and mysterious. But then Ellie gets some info that shocks her. She is an ancient warrior called the Preliator, the only one who can wield angelfire, and who has been reincarnated for thousands of years, destined to fight evil. Then she finds out that a Reaper, one who has killed her before, has been sent after her. But as Ellie tries to keep her social life going, Will finds out some shocking information. Bastian, the one who has sent the reaper after he, if searching for something so evil that it could destroy Ellie once and for all.

When I first heard about Angelfire I wondered, what’s it going to be like? I looked at some peoples’ reviews and mostly they were very positive which made me feel much better about buying this and I’m so glad I did. I love the cover so much which is meant to be of Ellie, the main character.
Things started off slow but soon picked up again when Will entered.....Will :) He made my hart flutter a few times. He was annoying at times (something all guys are) and I was rooting for him to get with Ellie and I can’t say I was disappointed ;) The description of the action scenes was great and it was different to read a novel that had a lot of fighting scenes in it. But I enjoyed it.

Ellie as a character was quite strong and I really liked her. She’s not my favourite female heroine but it was great to read about her. I think that the background and story info that we got was unique and different. Although the reincarnation stuff did remind me a little of the Fallen series by Lauren Kate but never mind. I preferred this book wayyy more!!

Overall I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait to find out what happens in Wings of the Wicked. Sounds amazing and the cover is pretty too!! :) 5 stars!!

1 comments:

  1. Hi, ladies! I love seeing two friends working together, especially since I just started a blog with a friend as well. I hope you'll stop by The Nocturnal Library
    http://thenocturnallibrary.blogspot.com

    and check us out.

    ReplyDelete