Wednesday 9 November 2011

Angel by L. A. Weatherly

Angel (Angel, #1)Reviewed by Katie
Date Published: 1st October, 2010
Date Read: 7th November, 2011
Blurb: Angels are all around us: beautiful, awe-inspiring, irresistible.

Ordinary mortals yearn to catch a glimpse of one of these stunning beings and thousands flock to The Church of Angels to feel their healing touch.
But what if their potent magnetism isn't what it seems?
Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars.
Willow has a gift. She can look into people's futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. But she has no idea where she gets this power from.

Until she meets Alex…
Alex is one of the few who know the truth about angels. He knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her.
The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous – and irresistible.
In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy.


Review: I thought that Angel was an enjoyable read and I'm glad that I chose to read it. Even though I enjoyed reading Angel, I don't think that it was amazing and I think that this is due to the author's style of writing. For me, it wasn't descriptive enough like when Willow and Alex kissed. L.A Weatherly didn't describe the sparks of when they kissed and how Willow was feeling when she was being kissed. It was just simply; 'I reached up and kissed him', that is what only made me give 4stars to this novel. I also didn't like how Willow came out that she was in love with Alex. The lines were along the lines of; 'I was in love with Alex'.

I quite liked having Willow and Alex's relationship being built on their escape from the Church of Angels because they were either in a car or hotel, so they had no escape of each other which forced to get to know each other.

I liked Willow as a character, she seemed vulnerable at the beginning but as the story progressed she seemed to strengthen and I think that this was due to the fact for her having the company of Alex.

I liked Alex instantly, he seemed masculine but (this next part is going to sound weird) he wasn't and I think that is because I wanted him to be seen as masculine so that's how I presented him in my head, but the only thing that didn't make Alex seem totally masculine to me was L.A Weatherly's writing style because it wasn't very descriptive.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel and I look forward to reading AngelFire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment