Thursday 15 September 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Nightshade (Witches War Series) Reviewed by Gina
Date Published:July 26th, 2011 (this cover edition)
Date Finished: August 30th, 2011
Blurb: Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


Review: Ireally enjoyed reading this book! I thought that the idea that Andrea created was really good and she backed up everything with an explanation which i liked very much! The characters were good and there were quite a few twists and turns that kept me turning the pages.

I've seen that a lot of people are choosing Team Ren but to be honest with you i never warmed up to the guy. I liked the parts between him and Calla, don't get me wrong, but i didn't like him as much as i liked Shay. Maybe it was because Ren and Calla had to be together because of the laws or maybe it was just Ren as a character.
But i really loved Shay! So I am Team Shay The parts between him and Calla were so sweet and you can really tell that she likes him! What surprised me the most was when she turned him into a wolf to save her life after that spider bit her! It was shocking but i was so happy for them.

Andrea's style of writing is really nice and sucked me into this book so much. I haven't read many shapeshifter novels before and it was good to read this type of book. I really hope that she makes Calla go with Shay because i think that he deserves her more and doesnt just take her for granted like Ren does sometimes.

Overall this book was really good and i am giving it 8.5/10 :) 4.5/5 stars :)

1 comments:

  1. Great start to a blog :D Heres my blog if you want to stop by sometime! I have an International giveaway at the moment too :)

    http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete